Read the group's terms of reference:
1. The Learning Disability Advisory Group is established by the
Government to provide advice to the Deputy Minister for Social
Services to inform learning disability policy development within
the context of the implementation of its reform programme set out
in the White Paper (2011) Sustainable Social Services : A Framework for
Action and in respect of other relevant issues as
2. In providing any advice to the Welsh Government on matters in
relation to paragraph 1 above, the Advisory Group will, where
necessary, include in their advice their assessment of any
additional costs for organisations in complying with their
3. The Advisory Group may, where they consider that it will
facilitate the work of the Advisory Group, invite non-members
to attend for either part or the whole of any meeting and, with the
Co-chairs' agreement, to contribute to the discussions at the
4. Except where otherwise determined by the Welsh Government or
the Advisory Group, members of the Advisory Group may, where they
believe that this will facilitate the work of the Advisory Group,
consult with non-members about matters referred to the Advisory
Group pursuant to paragraph 1 above.
5. The Welsh Government will determine the Terms of Reference
for the Advisory Group. The Advisory Group at its first meeting and
as necessary in future meetings will consider the proposed Terms of
Reference and, if necessary, propose to the Welsh Government
any changes they consider should be made. The Advisory Group will
be consulted about any future changes to the Terms of Reference
that may be proposed by the Welsh Government.
6. The Welsh Government will appoint the Co-chairs and members of the
7. The Advisory Group will hold meetings as and when the
Co-chairs consider necessary but shall meet at least once in any
8. The Advisory Group will work with the Information
Officer funded by the Welsh Government and hosted by Learning
Disability Wales to promote the work of the group to
9. The Welsh Government will meet any appropriate and reasonable
travel and subsistence costs that members may incur in attending
meetings of the Advisory Group and its sub-groups.
10. General secretariat services for the Advisory Group will
normally be provided by officials from the Adult Social Services
Policy Division of the Welsh Government.
11. The Welsh Government will determine the date when the
Learning Disability Advisory Group will be dissolved.